Saturday, July 11, 2009

All Pumped Out

I thought I would put this painting on since gas prices are going up and up again!
I took this photo somewhere around Sweetwater, Texas, and just thought it to be a timely reminder of the days that go by so quickly! These are the sort of things i enjoy painting, things of yesterday and sentimental things.
"All Pumped Out" started out as transparent, and then I ended up using some acrylics with it. Much to my surprise, It won Best in Show in the Denver City (TX) art show this spring.

1 comment:

Kay Smith said...

Hi Susie!
What a lovely blog and this painting is excellent! So full of color and vitality, especially with that live sunflower diagonally across the worn out gas pump. I love it!

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...