Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lunch on the Prairie


This is the third painting of this same subject. This one was one of the first ones
 and I was never happy with it.I stuck it back, probably 4 years ago.  I got it out and re-worked it with gouache...again.  I really like the backgrounds that are flat, and have so much contrast with the foreground. I also like the way it works with the transparent watercolor. I painted the sky, and the grass with gouache, and  left most of the pots just like they were.

1 comment:

Sarah Bush said...

I really like this painting--the buckets and the low profile of the composition really creates the sitting down on the grass eating lunch from your pail feeling. Great composition and lovely color.

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...