Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Christmas Church"


We are iced over this morning. The grass and trees are so pretty and white! This painting was done by mixing my pure colors...red, blue, and yellow into liquid, in separate containers. You wet the paper and then pour the paint. Usually starting with your yellow where you want your light. Then you pour the blue in the sky with the red. They don't always turn out! It is just a guess sometime! That is why I like to pour, because you are always surprised. I was so disappointed when my yellow mixed with/ my purple sky and turned gray but it worked great by the time i got through. I did misket off the snow on the trees. The painting below, "Christmas Memories" was done the same way.



No comments:

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...