Saturday, January 29, 2011

watercolor and torn paper collage


These are just 9x12, and they were watercolor studies done in a workshop last year. I thought I would experiment and see how it looked w/ both, trying to incorporate my watercolors with the collage. The chef's cheeks are too dark. I may try to fix it, even though it has been varnished.
The Bike was fun to do. This one is different than the chef. On him, I did the back ground and his face. On the bike i left the background and just collaged the subject. I will be experimenting on more of some old watercolors that I don't want to frame.

4 comments:

Nancy Standlee said...

Very nice wow factor added to watercolors..awesome. I like the mix of w/c and collage.

Anonymous said...

Love them both!!

Margie Whittington said...

I love both of these especially the bike! You and Nancy S. have this collage thing going. Keep up the good work!

cassi said...

Suzy ... I absolutely LOVE the bike! It is wonderful - love the collage, the flowers, the basket ... everything! Amazing. :)

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...