Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Southwestern Watercolor Society, Dallas TX

 Naomi Brotherton, Carrollton, TX with her painting
Daughter~ Keri

 My  Garden Chair
5th painting accepted

 Kay Smith, Big Spring ,TX

 Naomi presenting me with my Signature Status
 Diane Jones, friend from Keller,TX
 
This past week end the Southwestern Watercolor Society Show was held at the PFamily Arts Center in Plano TX. Keri (my daughter) and I flew to Dallas, to be there for the reception.
It was such fun, and a great honor not only to get my signature status but to have one of my favorite artist friend present it to me!  I met Naomi Brotherton in 1999 in Graham TX.   I went to Graham to take her workshop, and we have been good friends since that time. She is a wonderful friend, and a wonderful artist.
She is still teaching! Every week! I hope when I am her age, I can too!
Kay Smith from Big Spring, another good friend was also in the show,  and was there to accept her award.. A good school friend, Diane and her husband, Everett also came to help us celebrate. It was so good to get to see them!

2 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Congrats it seems like lots of fun! I like how the name-tags have a photo of your work so people can readily connect you with your lovely creations. Wonderful idea!

Suzy Pal Powell said...

Thanks Susan! It was fun, and yes the name tags were great!

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...