Thursday, August 16, 2012

When Gas was Cheap!

When Gas was Cheap!


I decided to dig this out, since gas is on its way back up again! When Ken was in the Navy gas was .30 per gallon.   and we had trouble filling up our car back then! For a couple of years all we had was a small motorcycle, and it sure didn't take much to fill it up!

I can't remember where I took the photo of this old abandoned station, but I love shots like this!
It just speaks to me! Days long gone...when life seemed a little simpler?  Not so busy anyway.
This painting sold at one of our art shows.

2 comments:

Wadonna said...

I love this beautiful painting. Just my kind of subject, and Suzy does it so well.

Suzy Pal Powell said...

Thank you Wadonna!

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...