Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Turn Your Radio On

When we went to Canton, I took all kinds of pictures of stuff just piled up.  This really caught my eye. The red behind all the old antique microphones! I did a sketch and loved it, so thought I had to do the painting. For some reason, I liked the way the edges were in the sketch so I tried to do it similar.  I added a couple more mics than what is in the sketch. I was afraid to use the trademark name behind the microphones, so i just made up some swirls.
This is done on 300 lb hot press Arches paper. I am thinking I like it! The 300 lb.paper is what is required for the workshop I am going to next week, so I had to practice!

Ink Sketch in sketchbook

2 comments:

martinealison said...

J'ai beaucoup apprécié vos réponses sincères et grâce à ce bel interview, je découvre votre art.
Une très belle révélation...
De la grâce, du naturel et de l'authenticité dans vos oeuvres.
Gros bisous à vous.

Suzy Pal Powell said...

thanks for taking the time to comment, even though I dont know what it says! I don't speak..French?

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...