Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Another Experiment

 Yesterday I did another experiment, trying to come up with some more really different paintings.
a few years ago, I painted a small painting of these donkeys, on 140 lb cp paper, so I make a larger copy and drew it off on 140 lb hot press paper. I painted it as quickly as I could since it was so big. (nearly half sheet) using a size 36 brush.  After putting it together I was wishing I had cut the vertical cuts more narrow. I 'could' take it apart and cut them but I would have to be so careful getting the horizontal pieces back just right.  When I cut the area around the eyes and ears, I did cut them more narrow.
 The first one is done darker (not finished)

 the 2nd one is lighter (not finished )

2 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

What a wonderful look this weaving technique brings to a painting. I have more than one painting here that this process could only help!!

Suzy Pal Powell said...

thank you!! try it! and send me what you end up with!