Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Another Experiment

 Yesterday I did another experiment, trying to come up with some more really different paintings.
a few years ago, I painted a small painting of these donkeys, on 140 lb cp paper, so I make a larger copy and drew it off on 140 lb hot press paper. I painted it as quickly as I could since it was so big. (nearly half sheet) using a size 36 brush.  After putting it together I was wishing I had cut the vertical cuts more narrow. I 'could' take it apart and cut them but I would have to be so careful getting the horizontal pieces back just right.  When I cut the area around the eyes and ears, I did cut them more narrow.
 The first one is done darker (not finished)

 the 2nd one is lighter (not finished )

2 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

What a wonderful look this weaving technique brings to a painting. I have more than one painting here that this process could only help!!

Suzy Pal Powell said...

thank you!! try it! and send me what you end up with!

Steps to painting my fun Confetti Flowers

I start out with an idea and put down shapes  of color , splattering some along the way. When its dry, I use permanent ink and a fountain p...