Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sketchbook Skool

 
 
I signed up for 6 weeks of Sketchbook Skool. These are the first two lessons.
The first one was to draw our toast, looking for all the little spots, holes, etc. I decided since it started July 4th , that I would use a flag napkin we had left over.
The second lesson was pick a subject and first make the shape of that subject with any color. Then using a pen of some sort, draw it in detail. I did 3 but still not real happy with them, but am posting the last one.  These geraniums are on our patio.  I left the color off the flowers, thinking the lesson was to just use one color.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like fun! I like the idea that you were not to use colors to shape the form and give it texture, you had to use just the pen for all the details. I love what you've done here. Can't wait to see more!

Autumn Leaves said...

Suzy, the sketches are great!

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...