Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sketchbook Workshop

We had a great time sketching this past week end. We have been in a drought for over 4 years, and on it rained all day long! I had plans of sketching outside but we had to re group, but we had a blast. or I did! We had 10 to begin with, and due to family illness we lost 3. and there are 2 missing from the photos!  We did several different things ..different ideas for sketchbooks, and ran out of time!
on Saturday I fixed lunch and we had to sketch our lunch, and I am sorry I forgot to take their photos. I added mine below.
one of our sketches consisted  of an old photo, and drawing and painting around it. That is a lot of fun, and especially if you are timid about drawing. The one below is my example for them.
This is a small movie of the group, and not all is in it.



Laura, Lisa, Judy, Carol and Jane
Lenda and Marisa (not in photo)
 
My lunch..
.one below  is the photo, which I hadn't painted yet, and the painted one, which I can see needs some more darks in it, but you can tell what we did. This is a lot of fun too.

 

I plan on another sketching 2 day workshop Oct.3-4 for those who had to miss, as well as those who might want to come again, or for anybody new. The 2 day is optional, students can come for just one day if they want.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

So loving the freshness and brightness of your colors, Suzy! So lovely!

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...