Saturday, May 4, 2013

Time to Brand

More ideas from all my photos I took when I went out to the 'Powell' Ranch to watch them brand.
They are not kin to us, but very good friends.  They were very generous to let us ( 2 friends were there too) tramp around in their way, (probably scaring their horses ) and take all the pictures we wanted to take! It was so much fun to watch them work. They have a system, and it worked so smooth. I was excited that they roped the calves and threw them, what a blast!
This is  done on 140 lb hot press paper, and is available.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

My heart goes out to the poor calves; I know that must have hurt them terribly. You are getting some beautiful paintings from your visit though!!!

Suzy Pal Powell said...

thanks! I agree about the poor calves!

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...