Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Coffee Time

When Keri and I went to Canton, I took all kinds of photos, of old stuff sitting around. It was a blast!
I loved these old coffee pots.  I still remember my parents using one like these.  I painted the pots back in January, not having a clue what to do to the background. I put it up not even thinking about it until last night, when I went to bed, all of a sudden it came to me, to just put a bright color wall paper type back ground. It is so weird how that works. I was not even thinking about the painting, so when I got up this morning, I went out and looked through all my papers to see what kind of design I could come up with.  This bright color won out.
It is done on 300lb hot press paper with watercolor. it will be 18x24 framed.  12.5x16.5 image size.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That background was the perfect choice. I love old stuff too. It has a charm and an enduring quality about it that I find comforting. I like the reflections on the metal that you created. The whole piece has a sweet glow to it.

Autumn Leaves said...

Absolutely perfect!! Wouldn't this piece look fabulous in a coffee shop business!

Suzy Pal Powell said...

thank you Katherine! and Crimson!

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...