Monday, September 9, 2013

In Honor of 9-11

We all remember exactly what we were doing on September 11, 2001. I was in my art room early that morning when I heard about the tragic events on the radio.  In October I went with our disaster team to New York to help out. It was an awesome experience.  I am so thankful I got to go.  I now have one of my dearest friends from that trip.  Lola Douglas.  She and her family lived there at the time. 
She brought us fresh flowers every night for our tables. I truly believe something good can always come from something bad. Sometimes we have to search for it, and it might take a while to find it.
I am thankful for her friendship and the opportunity to help a tiny bit. 

We saw this building somewhere in '02 and I dug it out and sketched it in a sketchbook.  Then I sketched it on my iPad.  Am not sure which I like the best .  The iPad sketch is more vivid. 
I


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Love your wonderful paintings and your thoughts behind them. At least the US pulled together as one at that horrible time in our history.

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...