Friday, September 13, 2013

Wyoming Workshop September 15-20

Early Saturday Morning, I will be heading to Dubois Wyoming for a Plein Air workshop and am so excited to get to go!  I signed up for it in February, and have been planning and thinking about it ever since. I am meeting up with 5 artcolony artists, so we will be together. When it is over on Friday, some of us are staying a couple days to go to Yellowstone and the Tetons, then fly home on Tuesday.
The workshop starts Monday and goes through Friday. They have a lot of things scheduled for us.
Carl Purcell will be the watercolor instructor, and David Rankin will do a 3 hour class on iPad art, so I will be in that too. One night we will go to a ranch for a pig roast and horse back riding. (I wont be due to my back) I hope I can post something each night, but it depends on how tired I am by the time bed time comes.  Also I am hoping I get lots of good photos to work from when I get home. The hard part is packing enough stuff for a 10 day stay, plus art supplies.
There is a miniture art show, and a silent auction.
Roll out the Barrels, and Old Yeller are my show entries, and the Wyoming Boot is for the silent Auction. I worried about what to take but decided to do this collage, using a Wyoming map for the background.



1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Well, I sure am excited for you, Suzy! What a grand time you will have. Love the collage!

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...