Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Get Your Spring Fix!

 
 
 
This Past week end I spent Friday and Saturday and half a day Sunday working on a collage. they ask me to come and demo during the Arts Festival.  It is a really neat art gathering! Lots of beautiful art and handmade things. A few famous people were there with their art.
This is what I worked on, and if we are friends on FB you saw the progression.  It is hard to work and visit, but I got a long way this time.  You can tell in step 1 that I draw a plain drawing with a sharpie, then I start by adding magazine pieces.
in Step 4, I added the basket which was strips torn and woven together. Hopefully I will get the inside of the wheel done and the flowers brightened up, and it will be finished!
It was fun but exhausting. The Name 'Get Your Spring Fix' was a saying I found at the beginning and thought it would be perfect since we are all so anxious for spring, summer, pretty weather and flowers!  Maybe even a bike ride!
 






2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,
Il est très intéressant de pouvoir voir l'évolution d'une oeuvre. Merci pour ce très joli partage.
Le résultat me plaît beaucoup. Il dégage un grand romantisme.
Gros bisous

Suzy Pal Powell said...

Thank you martinealison, I hope topmost the finished piece in a couple of days.

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...