Sunday, March 18, 2012

Orange Umbrella




This acrylic is on a 9x12 canvas. It was my first torn paper collage and did not like it. I painted over it with acrylic and put it up for a year, and then got it down to do this painting on, so there is a lot of texture behind the paint. All the umbrellas and chairs where we were were all blue, but with blue sky, blue water, etc. the chair had to be a different color. I have been thinking about going back and putting a green or yellow towel hanging off the chair or the life guard stand. I still need something a lot bigger for my bathroom, so back to the drawing board tomorrow.
I also have some umbrellas and chairs that are multicolored, so that will probably be next.

No comments:

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...