Thursday, June 10, 2010

Flag Day


"Calm Day'


"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the
republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all."


Today is Flag day! June 14th. Our flag is very special to me. I love to see it
waving ! It has a lot of history behind it! When it is folded each fold means something specific. There isn't enough room here to add it.
One of the most somber things is to see it being folded at a funeral.
We have seen it twice in my family, and you never forget it.

I am sure there are a lot of stories about our Star Spangled Banner! How it brought comfort, joy, sadness,hope, etc. When Ken was in Navy boot camp, he said he would never forget the feeling he had when he saluted the flag with his gun.



This painting is 12"x30" and is done in gouache, on watercolor paper.

No comments:

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...