Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Cloudcroft, NM

I signed up for a 3 day workshop in Cloudcroft NM starting tomorrow. We came up yesterday and brought our camper. We stopped in Artesia,NM for lunch. I drew what I could see ( not a good spot) 
While we waited for our lunch. I have to admit I , think it's the first time I have drawn in a resturant. I always take photos, but never brave enough to drag out sketchbook. 
Here is a picture of our lunch!
We both had the same thing. We were shocked that they didn't bring any chips and salsa!  I have never been anywhere you didn't get them if you ordered Mexican food.  They did have some awesome western art hanging on the walls though!  

We got cold during the night and had to use the heater for a few minutes this morning! 
If we had been home it would have been air conditioner. 

Hopefully I will have a painting to post from this trip! The instructor is Qiang Huang 
Www.qhart.com
I can't believe I am taking an oil workshop! I am using the duo (water) oils. 



2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Love the pages, Suzy! Love too that you get a mini vacation!

Laura Leeder said...

Love the watercolour illustrations!

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...