Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Bee Keepers-Mixed Media

When Keri and I were in Kerrville TX in May we were leaving town headed to Fredericksburg and she spotted some bee keepers way off.  Thank goodness for zoom lenses! We stopped and I took 'several' pictures.  It was a treat to see them. See the smoke, and all the flowers and grasses. It was just a cool thing to see! I did a sketch first, and was so much fun, I wanted to do a big one. I had trouble deciding on whether to use watercolor or collage.  I chose the collage and I had a blast putting it together! I decided to go with black instead of dark greens like the sketch.
It is 18x18 on stretched canvas.
The sketch was done with Casein paint, and is 5x5.

No comments:

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...