Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fashion Statement 2

Fashion Statement 2
I have been experimenting with under paintings, and on this one I looked at a piece of fabric, and drew the small flowers . The fabric had large and small flowers, so I I drew them in all over the whole paper, then painted them with Quin coral (A Daniel Smith color) along with some yellows, and greens.I have found that the under painting needs to be in your mid tone range. After I got the flowers painted on, I took my flamingo drawing and positioned them where I wanted the flowers to end up. The other flamingos I did, had the blue background, but in the photo that I took, it had the green water, and the greenery behind it, so I thought I would try the green color and liked the outcome.

No comments:

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...