Monday, February 25, 2013

The Pruners

Last year a friend and I went out to Newsome Vineyards and took pictures of the women pruning the grape vines. I love hands and got several good shots of their hands.  This is just a sketch, and maybe it will be a painting someday.  I am still sketching each day, and this was one of the photos that came up!
Those women worked really hard, and their hands showed their strength.  They had a bag strapped on that was full of twine ties. I don't know the measurement...6-8 inches maybe, and they tied the vines to the wire after cutting back a bunch of the runners. I am sure this is not the correct lingo for grape vines, but it was an eye opener for me to see what they do each year.
This is done on handmade paper, and the paint sometimes just blobs on, but makes an interesting texture.

No comments:

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...