Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Breckenridge Fine Arts 23rd Annual Juried Art Show

I found out today that I had 2 collages accepted in Breckenridge Art Show, in Breckenridge,TX.
I entered the 'Wyoming Cowboy' and 'Elegance is an Attitude'.
I wasn't sure they would accept that type of collage so I wrote to them, and the show chairman said she had not seen any like it, but yes they would accept them.  I entered 2 and both got in! There was 289 entries and they picked 125. I would love to go to the show, but will be tied up here in Plains with our show here.
The Judge is Scott Meyers.  He is also a vet. I googled his work and it is really beautiful!


 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,
Je me réjouis que le jury ait accepté vos deux merveilleuses oeuvres.
Elles sont sincèrement d'une grande qualité. J'aime particulièrement la seconde animée par une belle délicatesse. Une très jolie composition.


Gros bisous ✺ ♡ ✺

Margie Whittington said...

Love your collages!!!
Congratulations on getting in the Breckenridge show!!!!

Stevie Denny said...

Congratulations on getting accepted, Suzy! Both pieces are really well done. I love that technique, and you have mastered it!

Suzy Pal Powell said...

thanks Margie and Stevie!

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...