Saturday, October 8, 2022

30 Faces in 30 Days-30 Day Challenge using Sktchy teachers.

 


I signed up for a 30 day Challenge with 'Sktchy'. 
(Sktchyartschool) It is spelled without the E.
They have their own faculty that teaches.
We have one photo a day and a different  teacher demoing their technique. 
 
 day 1. 



Day 2

This was day 2, and I enjoyed it so much, I did a 2nd one on tan paper, instead of gray. Very different than what I normally paint. 


This is Day 3, and I was a little intimidated with all the wrinkles in the photo, but we didn't actually put them in but I thinks she looks old with out them.




This one was day 4 and I really really enjoyed her class.  She had us do 3 minute timed sketches of the photo, using a marker or pen, etc.  to sort of get used to the way they look. I loved doing them, and did several. Then I decided to paint them. So much fun. I will continue to do these.  This is the same man but they have a different look, but hopefully look alike in some way.


This one is my favorite...Blue eyes
The last one is the painting, and I much prefer the 3 mins sketches, then paint them. 
They have so much character!


No comments:

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...