Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bike Shop

Bike Shop

This is another painting I did at the retreat.  It is half sheet, and it had gesso on it.and was painted with watercolor.  I love to paint on gesso paper, with all the textures it makes. It is not this dull in real life, but for some reason, I am not having good luck getting a photo. I saw this bike hanging off a big building in Boston down by the river front. I have taken pictures of bikes for years. I love them like I do old vehicles.  I am wondering if I need to punch up the red with some gouache after seeing it here, and how dark it looks. I might!  I wanted the bottom corner left with no paint.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh cool! I love this...where did you take this picture???????
Keri

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...