Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Art Colony Gift Exchange

I am in a group of artists called 'Art Colony' and we drew names again this year. Each year it is kept secret who it is from, until you get your gift in the mail.  This year, I was lucky enough to get a beautiful painted egg by Mary Jansen, from Chicago. She is a pastor's wife, and she has a prayer on the egg for me. It is very special and I am in awe at all the detail, and how tiny the designs are. She also sent a tiny necklace that she made with 2 red robins.
I put the little red package on the tree limb! It looked so pretty, but was excited to finally get to open it!
you can go to www.artcolony.blogspot.com and see all the exchanges there, and how much fun we had! Mary's address is: http://marymjansen.blogspot.com/
if you want to see her beautiful work.




No comments:

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...