Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Portales NM Demo


Last night we went to Portales, NM, which is right at 100 miles from here, for a watercolor/weaving demonstration.
We went early enough to visit and have supper with a good friend who lives there. I was a nervous wreck because I truly was taking a failed painting hoping to revive it, and with watercolors you can't always be sure.  There was a big crowd, and they were all very nice and encouraging.
I can't find the before photo, but it was just blah. The trees were too solid and a horrible shape. They needed to be lightened up.  Overall, I think the old barn looks better.  I am considering going back and rounding off the squares in the trees, but will think about it for a day or two before I do.




 

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Un travail fascinant et très original... Une jolie publication.
gros bisous

Autumn Leaves said...

I still haven't done this with one of my paintings that I talked with you about on the phone. I can't wait to give it a go but admit I'm a bit stressed about trying to repaint the same thing in a second piece. I know it doesn't have to be as exact or as sharp...but there was a lot going on in the original and that is a bit off-putting for me. I think this looks wonderful Suzy!

Kay Smith said...

Aww, now this is one of if not your best weavings!!! Perfect! Did you sell it there?

Suzy Pal Powell said...

thanks you'll...
No Kay..i didn't. just sold one little small one.
I am thinking the light green on the right tree is too much..i am considering either rounding off some of the squares or going a little bit darker. there is just so much difference!

At the Fair

I was acceptd into the New Mexico watercolor society show again this year. It will be in Las Cruces NM instead of Albuquerque NM The theme ...